2. Collection and use of information
- Visitors to our website: When you visit websites hosted by us, we will record your visit; collect IP addresses and information about your operating system and the type of browser you use for the purposes of network/system administration; to report aggregate information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our site. This data however will not be used to identify individual users who will at all times remain anonymous. We collect this non-identifying data by using “cookie technology”. A cookie is a data file that sits on your computer hard disk. The cookie is placed there by a remote web server that you have visited using a browser like Google™ or Internet Explorer™. It is used to identify visitors during web interactions with a website and contains data parameters that allow the remote HTML server to keep a record of who you are, and what actions you take at the remote website. You have the option to disable the cookie function in your browser, but will be restricted from accessing many sites as a result.
- Subscription to services and products: Identifiable personal information will be collected when you purchase products or services from us, use our website for a transaction or sign-up for a subscription service. This information is used to provide the products and services to you as contracted, to generate and issue invoices for payment and to inform you of any changes or actions that may impact on these products or services for which you have contracted or subscribed, including your account status and changes to the terms and conditions of our products and services. Dynacomm is a provider of products and services of certain suppliers and when you contract for these products and services, we may be obliged to share your personal information with these suppliers. We undertake to obtain a commitments from these suppliers to keep your personal information confidential and to only use it for the purpose of providing the service or products. However, we do not accept liability if these suppliers breach these undertakings.
- Correspondence: Any information collected from you through correspondence with us, whether via e-mail, telephonically or by written letter, will only be used to address the matters within that correspondence. If this requires referring such correspondence within Dynacomm or to a third party to ensure customer service, your personal information will only be disclosed to the point necessary to address your query or concerns, and will otherwise be kept confidential.
- Promotional activities: Dynacomm may on occasion use your personal information to contact you about promotional offers; advise you of matters relevant to service provision and in some cases, or solicit your feedback. We will provide you with an option within every communication to opt out of receiving any communications of this nature or you can contact our customer services representatives to ensure that you do not receive such promotional information.
- Other uses: In most cases, we collect this information to ensure network integrity and that we continue to provide you with the most relevant content and best possible service that suit your needs. In some cases, we are required by law to collect personal information about customers. Except where the law requires otherwise, we undertake to protect the confidentiality of such data. We may also combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from our business partners or affiliates. Dynacomm collects and shares aggregated user data with business partners, sponsors or other third parties for the purposes of developing content and ensuring relevant advertising and content. Such user data will never be used to identify individual users. These business partners and affiliated companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
3. Confidentiality and security
- We undertake to apply all reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of our customers and users including all personal information supplied in the course of contracting with us for services and products. We undertake not to sell your personal information to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter into a transaction, submit, or access your personal information and to prevent unauthorised access to or destruction of your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied payment information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider’s database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, identity numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
- Should any of our databases be compromised with the result that your personal information has been unlawfully disclosed, we will advise your via e-mail or with a notice on our website and advise you on the step that you may take to protect your personal information.
- We only retain and store your personal information for as long as we are required by law or to serve our legitimate business interests. When these reasons no longer applies, we will delete your personal information in a responsible and secure manner.
- We rely on our customers to provide us with their updated personal information. In order to avoid any interruption in service or disputes regarding payment, please send us your updated information, including banking details, e-mail and physical addresses and telephone numbers, as soon as it changes. You may contact us to confirm which of your personal information we store and whether it is accurate and complete.
4. Public Space (Bulletin Boards, Chat Rooms and Third-Party Sites)
Any information that customers or visitors disclose in a public space, including on any bulletin board, chat room or any site Dynacomm may host for you, is available to anyone else who visits that space. Dynacomm cannot safeguard any information you disclose there.
5. Site Linking
Dynacomm will not enter into a service subscription contract with a minor unless such minor has explicit written consent from a parent or guardian to do so. Dynacomm undertakes not to contact minors about promotional offers or for marketing purposes without a parental consent.
7. Reservation of Rights
- Dynacomm reserves the right to disclose information about customers where required in good faith, to do so by law or to exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims.
- Dynacomm further reserves the right to share information with law enforcement to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over our network.
- Dynacomm reserves our rights to disclose your personal information where you have given us express consent to do so.
- Dynacomm reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorised attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.
8. Amendment of Policy